Sunday, September 2, 2007

home tweet home

my aunt came up from portland this week with some gifts for me. my other aunt used to be a demo for stampin' up! (back in '88) and gave all of her stamps away when she quit. well, my aunt still has a HUGE box of stamps and decided to give them to me.
this stamp is from '85 bu SU. i stamped it in black stazon and colored it several different ways. i used water color pencils w/ water color brushes and with my SU aquapainters; used pastels w/ blender pens; used water color brush w/ ink pads. after it was colored, i tore out the image and ink distressed w/ SU Cchip and sponge.
background is from my "i have no idea where it came from" stack and i used my script embossing folder w/ my cuttlebug, then sanded and adhered to card base.
it needed something else so i used hemp twine on the side and silk flowers w/ sanded pewter brad in the center. this is not usually what i'm into, but i really like the way it turned out.
enjoy and have a super day!

No comments: