Wednesday, November 14, 2007

card candy (hostess gift)

have you seen all the hype of "card candy"? i have and i thought
i'd try my hand at it.

"card candy" is generally embellishments that are either almost or
fully card ready. i chose almost ready.

for my candy, i chose to use the SU set "it's snow time". i stamped
all images in stazon black so i could color them without the ink
bleeding on the images. i used three of every image and colored,
glittered, and roughly cut out for my hostess to use later.

to add to the amount of candy that i had so far, i used my SU
scallop circle punch to punch out some back grounds, and my SU
tag punch. for the tags, i used several different colors of SU CS and used crop-o-dile to punch hole in the top and kept them all together by stringing some hemp twine through them.

to house all the candy, i wen to the local $1 store and found this
little metal bucket that i covered in SU designer series paper
(using red strip tape). embellished the handles with SU ribbon,
and ran ribbon around the bottom of the pail also. i got out
all my left-overs and picked out christmasy colors to make a
paper salad out of to go into the bucket behind the candy.

my hostess loved it, it looks good, and now she's got a head start
on her christmas cards this year!

hope everyone has a great rest of the week! happy stamping!

No comments: