Monday, January 28, 2008

layered flower card


i've broken out of my casing phase! (for now... *evil laugh*)

i just can't seem to get enough of this set. i actually got it this summer at a garage sale and this last week is the first time i've used it! it's just perfect for watercoloring, and i just got new crayons!

went to michaels today to try to pick up the january issue of "take ten", and wouldn't you know it, they were out. you see, i only buy that magazine if i have a coupon. i just can't seem to let myself spend $15 on a magazine! so i got my joanne coupon in email today, printed it off, and headed to michaels (you all do know that they take competitors coupons, right?). so i didn't get the one that i wanted, i felt like crying and stomping my feet like my DH! ROAR!!! so i got a little 8x8 magazine called "cards", even more expensive! it's a good thing i had my 50% off coupon! anywho, this little magazine had some great cards inside, just in time for valentines day, too!

recipe:
paper- SU Cchip, Wwhite, Ccelery, DP "autumn leaves, MOD, winter garden"
ink- Ccelery, Rred, jim holtz walnut stain distress ink
stamps- SU "in full bloom", and several "studio G" (michaels $1 acrylic) sets.
accessories- watercolor crayons & aqua painters, clear stickles, red & brown ribbon (?), corner rounder punch, and you can't really see it, but the whole top half of the card is accented with my sakura glitter pen.

well, that's it for me today, just this one. hope you all have a great day, i'll be back wednesday!

OH!! and something that i have been wanting to start and haven't and have decided to do so NOW: random daily trivia, just for fun. heads up though, come 5,000 hits, i'll have some incredible blog candy to give out, so keep checking back in! so for todays (the very first of many to come) trivia question:
what did the initials Alf stand for?
i'll post next time the correct answer, have fun!

-

9 comments:

Becky G said...

So pretty Jenn! Sorry you weren't able to get the magazine you wanted but glad that you found a substitute. I like the idea of trivia and I'm gonna make a guess. Is it Alien Life Form? Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

ALF????? Could not even guess, but remember him, LOL.

I love your card, you tied one great bow on there. Any hints on how to get mine like that!?

I get the CARD magazine in the mail. I like it OK, but will probably not renew when the time comes. Like you said, very expensive!

Betsy said...

I was thinking Alternative Life Form but I think Becky was right with Alien...
I've bought the Just Cards mag when I couldn't find any thing else to use my coupon on too! Funny how we must use the coupon! Take care

Bonnie said...

My, I like your card - the colours are beautiful!! I know what you mean about paying a lot for a magazine! Hubby and I went into the market and I picked up two card magazines and he had to pay $25 !!! for them. He wasn't too thrilled about THAT!

KATPaperCrafts said...

Alien Life Form!!! I love that show!!

Jules said...

What a gorgeous card! Nice work! :) Julie

Lori said...

Lovely! Your watercoloring is beautiful.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! This is so pretty!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love this card. The layout is a dream! I just sold this set (WEEP!) but I sold it to my cousin so I may have to borrow it back, lol. Trivia is such a fun idea (I'm dreadful at it, but I can read everyone else's brilliant answers, heehee! :0) Mel