Monday, July 14, 2008

marker-ing your stamps

have you ever wondered how to get multiple colores on your stamped bold image? you use markers! that's what i did for my little bird and my branch & leaves.

the bird is actually 4 diffrent colors. i started by coloring his legs with the paint brush side of my SU Aappeal marker. for his body, i started by coloring BashfulBlue all over, then used BalletBlue on most of his back, then finished him up with BrilliantBlue on only the middle of his back.

for the branch, i colored with the paint brush side of my Cchip marker, then colored the leaves with the Oolive marker.

the flowers on the side of the card were done with the '2-step stampin' technique. i stamped the outline of the flowers in SU Ssaffron, then stamped randomly the bold flower image on top to fill in the large flowers with SU Bblue.

recipe:
ink- SU Aappeal, BBlue x 3 (see above), Cchip, Oolive, & Ssaffron
paper- SU Wwhite. colored CS is from the cheap-o colored CS pack from wal*mart
stamps- SU "spring solitude", sentiment is from 'stugio G' ($1 michaels acrylic set)
accessories- blue/yellow ribbon is from $1 bin at michaels, used small circle punch on corners

keep checking back! i'm starting to gather stuff for the fabulous BLOG CANDY that i'll post when i get to 5000 hits! have a super week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo pretty! I love what you did. Great technique!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO cute! I love the blue on the bird, kind of mottled. I always forget to marker my stamps, but I've been markering on gesso paper a lot lately. Thanks for the reminder! :0)